Posted On: 1 Jul, 2011 Others में
Here I posted only 50 Important General Awareness Questions for SBI Bank P.O & other Competitive examination for more important questions visit my blog “kaivalya-classroom.blogspot.com”
1. Which one of the following companies became the first major online retailer to offer cloud-based media storage and streaming to unlimited web or Android devices with a free basic plan? Amazon
2. State-owned carrier Air India announced on 29 March 2011 that it completed the first milestone of its modernization process with the migration of Air India and Indian Airlines to SITA’s Horizon Passenger Service System (PSS). When did Air India sign contract with SITA for the same? April 2010
3. NYSE listed US-based International Paper decided to buy up to 75% stake in which for up to $423 million, in the first significant domestic acquisition by a foreign paper company? AP Paper Mills
4. Sistema Shyam Teleservices issued over 54.73-crore equity shares to which governments at 17.14 per cent stake against $600 million received in December 2010 on 30 March 2011? Russian government
5. According to the tiger Census 2010, the number of tigers in India increased from 1411 to__. 1706
6. Which statements on tiger Census 2010 in India is NOT correct? The tiger census 2010 was unveiled by the Union Home Ministry.
7. In tiger census 2010,
i) Pugmarks were used as the only indicator of tiger numbers.
ii)An advanced Scientific process was adopted which included video trapping and use of satellite data.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
Choose the right option: Only i is incorrect
8. In the Sunderbans, the tiger Census took place for the first time. In which one of the following states of India Sunderbans is located? West Bengal
9. Scientists, at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute UK, for the first time identified genetic mutations that lead to the development of acute myeloid leukaemia. Acute myeloid leukaemia is a cancer of the__. White Blood Cells (WBC)
10. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper resigned after a no-confidence vote was passed by 156-145 vote against him in the Canadian Parliament on 25 March 2011. He belongs to which one of the following political parties? Conservative Party
11. Which statements regarding the outgoing Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada are/is correct?
i) He is the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada. ii) He was sworn as Prime Minister of Canada on 6 February 2006. Choose the right option: Both i and ii are correct.
12. Latikia, witnessed the mass unrest against the ruling President Bashar al-Assad on 25-26 March 2011. Where the place Latikia is located? Syria
13. Latikia, witnessed the mass unrest against the ruling President Bashar al-Assad on 25-26 March 2011. Which statements is/are incorrect?
i) Bashar al-Assad is the President of Egypt ii) Latikia is in Syria——— Only i is incorrect
14. The Rajya Sabha, the upper House in Indian Parliament, on 24 March 2011 passed the bill___ changing the name of Orissa to Odisha. Orissa (the Alteration of Name) Bill, 2010
15. Earth quake of 6.8 magnitude struck Myanmar’s borders with Thailand and Laos, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) from the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai on 24 March 2011. What was the magnitude of the quake? 6.8
16. The Shunglu Committee set up to probe corruption in organising the Commonwealth Games (CWG) on 23 March 2011 submitted its second report to the Cabinet Secretary. Which private developer was indicted in the second report? Emaar MGF
17. The World Meteorological Organization with its 189 Members and the worldwide meteorological community celebrate World Meteorological Day every year on 23 March. When was the WMO Convention convened for the first time with the purpose of setting up the World Meteorological Organization? 1956
18. To how many village panchayats was the Nirmal Gram Puraskar awarded by President Pratibha Patil on 23 March 2011? 2808
19. The Indian government on 24 March 2011 constituted 11member Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC) to examine the means of oversight on regulators and their autonomy from the government. Who will head the committee? Retired Supreme Court Justice BN Srikrishna
20. On which freedom fighters was a commemorative postage stamp released by the Indian President Pratibha Patil on 24 March 2011? Subhadra Joshi
21. Which radio stations was awarded the Most Successful Radio Channel of the Year at the FICCI Frames Excellence Awards 2011 was given out on 25 March 2011? Radio Mirchi (98.3)
22. Read the following statement with reference to renowned dancer Leela Samson.
1. Leela Samson was appointed chairperson of the Central Board for Film Certification on 28 March 2011 by Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
2. Leela Samson is a renowned Kathakali dancer of India.
3. Leela Samson won the prestigious Bharat Ratna award in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the art of dance in 1990.
4. Two documentary films were made on her work namely- Sanchari and The Flowering Tree.
Which of the above mentioned statements is/are false? 2 & 3
23. Nisha P. Rajagopal has been chosen as the first recipient of ‘The Hindu Saregama M.S. Subbulakshmi Award instituted on 16 September 2010. To which type of music is she famous for? Carnatic
24. A team of Scientists led by Takehiko at Yokohama City University grew sperms in a test-tube. Consider the following statements regarding the scientific breakthrough.
i) Sperms were grown in a Test-tube for the first time.
ii) The Scientific breakthrough could help millions of infertile men to attain parenthood.
Now choose the right option: Both i and ii statements are correct
25. The Union ministry of Environment and Forests, recently asked state governments to declare bamboo as a minor forest produce to address livelihood issues of forest dwellers and tribal’s. Bamboo is a__. Grass
26. The Union Cabinet of India, on 22 March 2011, approved the amendments to the Indian Forest Act, 1927. The amendment to the Indian Forest Act raised the limit to which fines for relatively minor offences can be compounded from 50 rupees to _ rupees. 10000 rupees
27. Somdev Devvarman was defeated by which ace tennis players at the quarter finals of the Indian Wells Masters in Californiain in two close sets 5-7 4-6 in March 2011? Rafael Nadal
28. World No. 4 India’s Saina Nehwal won the Swiss Grand Prix 2011 by defeating Ji Hyun Sung of South Korea 21-13, 21-14. She had earlier defeated the South Korean badminton player in which tournaments? Indonesia Open Super Series in 2010
29. Who defeated Spanish ace tennis player and World No 1 Rafael Nadal 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 on 20 March 2011 to win the ATP Indian Wells title? Novak Djokovic
30. Which football clubs got back on track with a 2-0 win against Arsenal in the FA Cup quarterfinals at Old Trafford on 12 March 2011? Manchester United
31. Which teams did Pakistan defeat in the Quarter final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 to reach the semi finals? West Indies
32. According to the latest WTA list, Sania Mirza broke back into the top-100 in the singles list with a jump of eight places. What is Sania Mirza’s current position in the singles list? 99
33. Which Indian cricketer was declared the man of the match in the ICC World Cup Quarter final match between India and Australia in Ahmadabad on 24 March 2011? Yuvraj Singh
34. Based on the recommendations of FIPB the Indian Government on 23 March 2011 approved 14 Foreign Direct Investment proposals and 27 proposals. What is the total worth of the FDI proposals accepted by the government? Rs 1289 crore
35. The finance ministry has opposed the Reserve Bank of India’s suggestion to restrict foreign direct investment in new banks. RBI had restricted foreign direct investment in new banks to what percentage? 49%
36. Consider the following statements-
1. CAG in March 2011 sent a questionnaire consisting 40 questions to the telecom ministry on 2G spectrum allocation scam and other developments in the sector.
2. The department of telecom (DoT) was asked as to why the spectrum (radio waves) allocation was not delinked from the licence as it was known that spectrum was scarce vis-a-vis the demand.
3. The Parliamentary panel wanted to know whether DoT consulted telecom regulator TRAI regarding the “No Cap” recommendation on number of operators in a circle.
4. The loss incurred by the exchequer as a result of the 2G scam is estimated to be Rs 185379 crore
Which of the above mentioned statements related to the 2G scam is true? 2 & 3
37. Which bodies ordered restriction on transmitting unauthenticated news by brokers and wealth managers on blogs and mobile phones in an effort to prevent stock manipulation through rumours? SEBI
38. Which bodies put off indefinitely the new rules governing unwanted telemarketing calls which were supposed to be implemented from 21 March 2011? Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
39. The Indian government in March 2011 conferred the Miniratna status on which PSUs? National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)
40. Gilead Sciences, a California based bio-pharmaceutical research firm, and its patent partner, Roche Holding AG, have sued which Indian generic drug makers in March 2011 for allegedly infringing a US patent for Tamiflu, a drug used in treatment of bird and swine-flu infections? Natco Pharma
41. AT&T on Sunday announced that it had agreed to buy T-Mobile USA from which telecom companies for $39 billion? Deutsche Telekom
42. A consortium comprising two companies acquired the IPL’s global Internet, mobile and audio rights, along with television rights in specific territories outside India, for the next four years. The consortium bagged the rights with a winning bid of Rs 261.6 crore in Chennai on 20 March 2011. Which are the two companies included in the consortium? TIL & Nimbus Communication
43. HCL Technologies on Thursday announced the expansion of its Smart Grid partner ecosystem by entering into strategic alliances with two data management software firms focused on the smart grid market. Which are the two firms with which HCL has entered into an alliance?
1. Infosys 2. eMeter 3. Cape Gemini 4. Tridium 2 & 4
44. In India’s first sale of rupee perpetual bonds by a non-finance company Rs 1500 crore ($332 million) was raised. Name the non-finance company. Tata Steel
45. Online marketplace eBay India, in association with leading apparel brand Reebok auctioned a bat autographed by Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The proceeds of the auction will go to which NGOs? CRY
46. Who did HDFC Bank, the country’s second-largest private sector lender appoint in March 2011 to head its investment banking division? Rakesh Singh
47. Read the following statements with regard to a veteran Bollywood actor.
1. The actor was first introduced in Bollywood movies by actor-filmmaker Sanjay Khan in the film Abdullah.
2. He essayed the role of villain in more than 200 films.
3. He was seen in movies like Kaalia, Mard, Nastik, Qurbani, Mr India etc
4. The actor’s biography, Flashback: My Times in Bollywood and Beyond, was to be released by Akshay Kumar in June 2011.
5. He died at the Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology in Bangalore on 20 March 2011. Identify the actor being referred to. Bob Christo
48. Former Israeli president Moshe Katsav was on 22 March 2011 sentenced to seven years in jail after being convicted for rape. To which parties does he belong to? Likud
49. The prime minister has constituted a committee to suggest rules and regulations for government procurement based on global best practices though India is a not a member of the GPA. What is the full form of GPA? Government Procurement Act
50. A weeklong exhibition of handloom and handicrafts, Bihar Utsav-2011 was organised by the Bihar Government in March 2011 to commemorate Bihar’s Foundation Day. When was the modern State of Bihar carved out of Bengal Presidency? 22 March 1912
(for more Question plz……. visit on “http://kaivalya-classroom.blogspot.com”)
Rate this Article:
शादी के बाद भी टॉप पर हैं ये TV एक्ट्रेस, लाखों हैं फॉलोवर्स
सीरिया और ईरान संकट ने बढ़ाई समस्या, 90 रुपये लीटर हो सकता है पेट्रोल
IPL 2018: रन बनाने में आगे भारतीय, लेकिन जलवा बिखेर रहे विदेशी खिलाड़ी
इसी महीने आएगा यूपी बोर्ड के 10वीं-12वीं का रिजल्ट, जानें क्या होगा समय
शमी की 8 गेंदो पर रसेल ने मारे 6 छ्क्के, टूटे कई रिकॉर्ड
चार्ली चैपलिन की हंसी के पीछे छिपे थे बड़े गम, विवादों से भी रहा नाता
सलमान से मनीष पॉल तक, इन सितारों से कपिल शर्मा की अब नहीं बनती!
IPL इतिहास में इन 10 बॉलर्स की हुई सबसे ज्यादा धुनाई, लिस्ट में 7 इंडियन
डबल धमाल मचाएगा बिग बॉस-12, ऐसा होगा ‘सुल्तान’ का नया शो
कॉमनवेल्थ गेम्स में भारत के ये 7 गोल्ड मेडल हैं बेहद खास!
सेट टॉप बॉक्स में लग सकती है चिप, आपके टीवी पर रहेगी नजर!
इस मॉडल को 8 साल तक लारा ने किया था डेट, रह चुकी हैं मिस यूनिवर्स
अपने पतियों से ज्यादा फेमस हैं बॉलीवुड की ये 5 हीरोइनें
मैन ऑफ द मैच से कैच तक, IPL में खिलाड़ियों को मिलते हैं इतने पैसे
गाड़ियों पर छाए सिंदूरी हनुमान के स्टीकर, जानें क्या है राज!
बॉलीवुड की ये 5 फिल्में बॉक्स ऑफिस पर नहीं, ऑनलाइन हुईं रिलीज
IPL के इस खिलाड़ी के पिता करते हैं सिलेंडर डिलीवरी, भाई चलाता है ऑटो
रवि किशन से निरहुआ तक, 1 फिल्म की इतनी फीस लेते हैं ये भोजपुरी सितारे
दिल्ली में फिर चलेंगे 150 साल पुराने भाप के इंजन, जानें कब से कर सकते हैं सफर
बॉलीवुड की आने वाली 5 फिल्में, जिनमें दिखेगा यूपी का ‘जलवा’